Indonesian Army Strength – Duties and Achievements in the World
Just like other countries in this world, Indonesia has its own military forces.
One of Indonesian Military Power are known as TNI or Tentara Nasional Indonesia (Indonesian National Military Force).
There are four task forces that can be found in TNI. These task forces are :
- AU or Angkatan Udara (Air Force)
- AL or Angkatan Laut (Navy)
- AD or Angkatan Darat (Army),
- Polri or Kepoilsian Republik Indonesia (Indonesian Police Force).
This article will give you some insight about the Indonesian Army Force.
See also :
The Duties of Indonesian Army Force
Indonesian Army Force has several duties. As the part of TNI, the main duty of Indonesian Army Force is upholding the state sovereignty, maintaining the unity of Indonesian Republic’s area according to Pancasila and 1945 Indonesian Constitution. As well as protecting all people and all areas in Indonesia from any threats and interferences to the integrity of the nation and the country.
See also :
Besides main duty, Indonesian Army Force also has several additional duties. These additional duties, according to the regulation that is issued by the Chief of Staff of Indonesian Army Force are including:
- Performing Indonesian Military Force’s tasks on the ground area in the field of defense. It done by performing Military Operation for Combat Situation and Military Operation for Non-Combat Situation.
- Performing the Indonesian Military Force tasks in maintaining the security of the ground borders with other countries and the outer islands. Then it done by doing whatever it takes to guarantee the upholding of state sovereignty, the integrity of the country, and the safety of the nation in ground border areas with other countries and the outer islands from any forms of threat and violations.
- Performing the Indonesian Military Force tasks in constructing and developing of ground military force. It done by doing whatever it takes to actualize the Ground Force of Indonesian Military Force performance that includes the unity of forces, abilities, and Ground Force of Indonesian Military Force deployment of forces and the drafting of additional components and back-up components of ground force in state defense.
- Performing the empowerment of defense areas on the ground by organizing planning, development, recruitment, and controlling the defense areas for the purpose state defense on the ground according to the Universal Defense System through territorial development.
See also :
The Units in Indonesian Army Force
There are several units in Indonesian Army Force. Each of these units has its own tasks. The units in Indonesian Army Force are including:
- Infantry (INF). Infantry is pedestrian troops. This is the biggest task force and the main combat force in Indonesian Army Force. There are more than 100 infantry battalions in Indonesia.
- Cavalry (KAV). Cavalry is armored troops. Its main function is as mobile supporting force in combat. Cavalry not only depends on tank and panzer as the mean of combat but also use horses that are trained specifically for combat.
- Field Artillery (ARM). Field artillery is heavy task force. Just like cavalry, field artillery is the supporting force in combat. Its main function is as supporting infantry.
- Air Defense Artillery (ARH). Air defense artillery is anti air raid troops. Its main function is preventing the airstrike and helping secure the ground objects from attacks.
- Military Police (CPM). military police is administration support unit. Its main function is helping other task forces in administration and the regulation of military laws.
- Engineers (CZI). Engineer is a task force that its main task is as supporting force for combat, construction, and combat infrastructure.
- Equipment (CPL). Equipment is a task force that its main task is to maintain and test the combat equipments.
- Communication (CHB). Communication is a task force that its main task is to deliver and maintain information to the combat task forces.
- General Adjutant (CAJ). General adjutant is a task force that its main task is to manage military administration and public administration.
- Debriefing Transport (CBA). Debriefing transport is a task force that its main task is to provide the service of combat logistic supplies and the combat transport.
- Topography (CTP). Topography is a task force that its main task is making the combat map and managing topography.
- Military Healthcare (CKM). Military healthcare is a task force that its main task is to maintain the health of the troops.
See also :
Performance of Indonesian Army Force
Indonesian Army Force has a quite good performance. Recently, Indonesian Army Force became the spotlight of media after won shooting tournament in Australia that held on May 2015. One of the things that make Indonesian Army Force proud is that the weapon that is used on the tournament is produced in Indonesia.
This military weapon of Indonesian Republic is called Pindad. However, this victory bring other controversy since military force from US and Australia that also follow the tournament asked the permission to examine the weapon that is used by Indonesian Army Force.
They asked the weapon to be stripped down since they can’t believe that Indonesian Army Force can win the tournament.
See also :
Performance and Skill
The performance of Indonesian Army Force relies on its military equipment and supplies. Indonesian Army Force has combat tanks as its main force on the ground. Other types of tanks that are owned by Indonesian Army Force are including light tanks and destroyer tanks.
Other combat vehicle that makes Indonesian Army Force strong is the APC or Armored Personnel Carrier. Indonesian Army Force also has Infantry Fighting Vehicle as well.
The amount of tanks that are owned by Indonesian Army Force is 468 units while the AFV (Armored Fighting Vehicle) amount is 1,089 units. Indonesian Army force has 37 units of self propelled weapons and 80 units of artillery. The MLRS (Multiple Launch Rocket System) in Indonesian Army Force is 86 units.
Other power that can be found in Indonesian Army Force is Special Task Force that is called Kopassus (Komando Pasukan Khusus) this special task force is part of the Main Commando (Komando Utama or Kotama) that belongs to Indonesian Army Force.
Kopassus is considered as one of the main force in Indonesian Army Force. This special task force came with special abilities such as fast movement in all fields, high shooting skill with perfect accuracy, scouting ability, and anti terror skill. The ability of one member of Kopassus is equivalent with 8 members of Indonesian Military Force.
See also :
Comparison of Indonesian Army Force with Army Forces from Other Countries
The rank of Indonesian Army Force in Asia is affected by several factors. For example, based on the ground defense command, Indonesian Army Force is ranked below Vietnam and Singapore that have good ground defense command. Indonesia doesn’t have ground defense command and this makes Indonesian Army Force ranked below those two countries.
See also :
Main Battle Tank
In South East Asia, only Thailand that has the MBT (Main Battle Tank) in its army force. Other countries have MBT but they still don’t organize it in their Tank Division Formation. Most of these countries put the MBT as the part of Combined Arm Division.
Indonesian Army Force does procurement of the MBT as replacement for light tank in infantry division. Budget and interest conflict became the main issue in the capability of Tank Division in Indonesian Army Force.
Unlike the MBT Division, Indonesia has quite solid Cavalry Division. Countries in South East Asia that have good cavalry division are Indonesian, Myanmar, and Malaysia. Singapore, Vietnam, and Thailand have quite modern Cavalry Division. Cavalry Division in Indonesian Army Force is supported with new armored vehicle in quite large number.
Indonesia and Vietnam have the best special task force in their army force compared to other countries in South East Asia based on its number and quality. The next countries that have good special task force in South East Asia are Singapore and Thailand. In Air Defense System, Vietnam is the best country in South East Asia. Indonesia still doesn’t have a good Air Defense System.
Based on this comparison, Indonesia is considered has good army force compared to other countries in South East Asia. However, there are still several aspects that need to be improved in the performance of Indonesian Army Force in the future.
- Indonesian Literature
- Religion in Indonesia
- Indonesian Etiquette
- Indonesian Heroes
- Indonesian Tea
- Indonesian Theater
- Indonesian Mythology
- Indonesia Language
- Gamelan Facts
- Indonesian Cultures
- Indonesian Politics
- Luwak Coffee
- Biggest Earthquakes in Indonesia
- Indonesian Democracy
- Most Horrible Volcanoes in Indonesia