Many collections of zoos in Indonesia that presents various types of animals, both land animals, and marine animals. Everything is certainly very funny and also adorable.
The visitors are very enthusiastic to see the various attractions of the handler and his animal act beautifully and amazingly.
However, behind it all, did you know that there are some of these animals are increasingly rare in the wildlife.
For example the Sumatran tiger, this is very sad indeed, the animal life is very minimal because of poaching and destruction by irresponsible parties. Hence dangerous animals in Indonesia.
For that, let us discuss the Interesting Facts of Sumatran Tiger that can be known because this animal is very determinant of the survival of other habitats in the nature of Indonesia:
1. Sharp Tiger Vision
The tiger pupils are round, unlike the cat pupils that are like straight lines during the day. That is, the tiger is not actually a nocturnal animal or a hunter at night. They are used to hunting at morning and evening. Although night vision is not as good as a cat, about 6 times better than human vision. Herewith top 40 endangered animals in Indonesia.
Most tiger eyes are yellow. Exceptions on white tigers have blue eyes, this is related to eye genes adjusting genes in white fur. Baby blind tigers in the first week of birth. The eyesight of a tiger like a human ie has the same color vision. That is, the tiger is not color blind.
The tiger is a great swimmer. They love to play water when young. Tigers are also adept at swimming for tens of kilometers to find a game. Tigers can run at 60 km / h for short distances and jump as far as 6 meters and up to a height of about 5 meters. tigers kill their prey by strangling the neck until blood loss. If the prey artery breaks out, it will instantly die within seconds. If not, the tiger will bite and bring it to death.
In addition to the hind legs, tiger claws are also very strong. One swipe can destroy a bear’s skull. Tiger is a smart animal to adapt when hunting. Usually, they bite the neck so that the prey die quickly. However, when swimming in the river and crocodile, the tiger can match the eyes of the reptile until blind and turned around so it can remove the entrails of crocodiles.
This is because the crocodile’s belly is the softest, and the tiger cannot bite the crocodile’s neck that is protected by thick skin. Interesting facts of Sumatran Rhinoceros.
3. Tiger is good at interacting
Tigers rarely roar. They just roar to communicate with other tigers. Territory boundaries are done by scratching the tree and inciting it. Male tigers have a larger area than females. However, fellow tigers never control over overlapping areas.
Unlike the lioness, the male tiger is the protector of the family. They always wait for the females and their children to eat the prey first. Here they are interesting facts About Sumatran Orangutan that you should know.
4. How to Hunt
In fact, tigers are animals that are not strong enough to resist hunger (probably because of the size of their body). The tiger will die of starvation in just 2-3 weeks. Tigers often hunt themselves, except to catch a big animal then do an ambush with her flock.
Tigers also include animals that like to ambush, therefore when suddenly encounter with a tiger in the forest is rarely human attacked, except feeling threatened. Fascinating facts about Sumatran coffee.
5. Cross the Tiger
In captivity, tigers can mate with lions or other cats. Male and female tigers have large breeds called Ligers. While male tigers and lionesses produce Tiglon with a smaller size. A Ligers can grow as long as 4 meters, so crowned as the largest cat in the world. Interesting facts about culture and art in West Sumatra.
There are five tiger sub-species that still exist, such as the Bengali tiger, Siberian tiger, and the Malayan tiger. Sumatran tiger is the smallest sub-species, found only on the island of Sumatra. Therefore, the Sumatran tiger is the rarest species that still exist in the country of Indonesia, if not well cared for the possibility of the next 5 to 10 years will be lost and destroyed. Top of Sumatran Rhinoceros facts and characteristics.
7. Sumatran tigers live a little
The current status of the Sumatran tiger according to data from the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is endangered. Recent data say, the tiger population only lasted about 441 – 679 alone in the wild. Very sad of course, if this is not handled seriously eat a few years later they will become completely extinct. Hence endangered Sumatran Elephants threats and conservation.
8. Sumatran Tiger Is a Tiger with Old Age
No one thought that the Sumatran tiger is an old sub-species in the world. Fossils in China indicate that the tiger has existed since 2 million years ago. Very surprising is not it ?, not imaginary if the Sumatran Tiger is very much in demand of other countries to be used as other tiger sires. Herewith a sample of Sumatran Tigers conservation programs and efforts for them.
9. Unique Tiger Lines Patterns
The pattern on the lines of each Sumatran tiger is unique. Sumatran tiger itself is unique because its line pattern is the thinnest compared to other tigers. And unique is also only in Sumatra alone form and style, so lucky Indonesia has this beautiful and rare species of wildlife. Facts and conservation Sumatran Tigers you should know.
10. Sumatran Tiger As a Protected Animals
Not carelessly raising or killing this one animal. Because there is a rare animal protection law that can ensnare the perpetrators with criminal penalties. Therefore, each tiger breeding must have a formal permit as a safe and secure place for the safe conservation of wild tiger life.
So people do not haphazardly hunt and exploit the body, skin and tiger organs for the benefit being not good. Effects and environmental impacts of deforestation in Indonesia.
Other Interesting Facts about Sumatera Tiger are:
- Tigers are the biggest of all cats. Siberian tiger can grow up to 3.5 meters in length with a weight of 300 kg. While the Sumatran tiger as long as 2 meters and weight 100 kg.
- There are six subspecies of tiger remaining and still alive today: Siberian tiger (Panthera tigris Altai a), South China tiger (Panthera tigris amoyensis), Indochina tiger (Panthera tigris corbetti), Malayan tiger (Panthera tigris jacksoni), Sumatran tiger Panthera tigris sumatra), and Bengal tiger (Panthera tigris tigris).
- Three other subspecies have gone extinct, namely the Bali tiger (Panthera tigris balica), the Java tiger (Panthera tigris sondaica), and the caspian tiger (Panthera tigris virgata).
- TheTigers can live for about 25 years even better in captivity and in the wild.
- The tiger is very happy to swim and soak in the water. They love to shelter, be on the banks of the river and soak themselves in the water or the river.
- Sumatran tiger has a very loud roar. The roar can be heard up to 3 kilometers. It becomes a symbol for other animals close to it to be alert.
- The tiger is very good at jumping, even if seated though. Sumatran tiger is able to jump up to 10 meters away.
- The tiger has 5 types of fur. The fur will catch the vibrations of its prey. So it is easy for the Tigers to hunt down the prey they are after.
- Sumatran tigers have strength in their teeth, so they are able to bite strongly, reaching 450 kilograms of style. It’s terrible, is not it ?.
- The Sumatran tiger is a very important indicator of biodiversity in Sumatra’s forests because if deforestation (deforestation) increases, Sumatran Tiger populations and other fauna will be increasingly threatened.
Hopefully, the above explanation of the Interesting Facts of Sumatera Tiger opens up our warming to keep the animal preservation in Indonesia increasingly rare, especially the Sumatran Tiger.