In the development of the history of dance art in Indonesia has existed since the time of the ancestors until now growing rapidly. The art of dance has a level and has its own meaning among other art. Here are some fascinating facts about Indonesia literature.
With the development of the era, dance is growing rapidly not only local dance art but has penetrated the modern dance.
In ancient times the art of dance was an expression of sadness, joy, self-expression and the expression of communication with others. Interesting and amazing facts about Indonesia rainforest.
Here are some facts about Indonesia dance that you need to know:
1. The Development of Prehistoric Dancing
Before the birth of the kingdoms in Indonesia, primitive nations in Indonesia believed in the magical and sacred power of dance. Various dances are created based on that belief.Some of the dances that were created were planted fertility dance, rain dance, exorcism dance, resurrection dance, hunting dance, war dance, and others.
The dance is created by mimicking the natural and imitative movements; such as mimicking the movement of animals to be hunted.The art of dance in prehistoric times is generally done in groups. All unique facts about Sumatra Island.
2. The Development of Hindu Dance
In today’s world, dance is mostly influenced by Indian culture and civilization brought by merchants. The spread of Hinduism and Buddhism became a major factor in the advancement of dance art of the time.Historians believe that in the days of Hindu Indonesia, the art of dance began to have standardization and benchmark.
This is because of the literary art of Bharata Muni dance with the title of Natya Sastra. This book discusses elements of hand motion mudra consisting of 64 motifs. The amazing and interesting facts of Jakarta City, Indonesia.
3. The Development of Islamic Age Dance
The art of dance at the beginning of Islamic Indonesia is only done by people who come from outside like Sudan, Ethiopia, and others. Dancing is generally done on a festival or other joyous day.In 1755, under the agreement Giyanti, Mataram Islamic kingdom is divided into two parts namely, Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat Sultanate and Kasunanan Surakarta.
Both kingdoms began to develop their identity through the art of dance produced. Both kingdoms produce dance work with different movements and appearances as the identity of each kingdom.
4. The development of the Colonial Age Dance
The facts about Indonesia dance are, although during the reign of dance in Indonesia decline and not develop because of the atmosphere of war and colonialism, but the art of dance in the palace is still maintained properly.
However the art of dance is only done for important occasions such as welcoming guests of the king, marriage, and coronation of the new king.One of the dance works inspired by the people’s struggle during the colonial era is Prawiroguno dance.
Prawiroguno dance is a traditional dance art from Central Java that describes Indonesian soldiers are practicing with weapons and shields as a means of protecting themselves. Hence examples of interesting facts about Sumatra tiger.
5. The Development of Independence Dance
After Indonesian independence, the function of dance in the community began to run again. The art of dance is again used as a traditional ceremony and religious ceremony.The art of dance as entertainment is also growing.
Now has started many schools and courses that teach dance as one of the subjects. Started many fans of modern dance art such as dance, ballet dance, break dance in Indonesia. Interesting facts about Sumatran orangutan that you should know.
6. Dance As a Symbol of Community Relationships
Intercourse is one of the activities that signify human characteristics as social beings.Social interaction between humans can also be poured in a form of art that is able to familiarize people who come from different backgrounds.
Dance can be a means to reflect or familiarize people. These types of dances are presented at various events, such as weddings, performing arts, and so forth.In events featuring social dances, the audience is allowed to join the dance onstage with the dancers.
Some examples of social dances that are often performed are Jaipong Dance, Tayub Dance from East Java, and Manduda Dance from West Sumatra. The following of interesting facts of Sumatran rhinoceros.
7. As a Means of Worship and Adat
The function of dance as a religious means has been going on for a long time. Many local and foreign cultures make dance as a medium of worship and communication with the Gods.
Balinese people are one of the believers who use dance as a means of worship.Religious dances are usually displayed in a special space and are sacred so that no one can bring them.The types of dances that are included in Balinese religious rituals include Kecak Dance, Sanghyang Dance, and Rejang Dance.
The sacred dance or often included in traditional rituals usually comes from natural events.Types of dance that involves natural events include Ngaseuk Dance or rice planting from West Java, and Seblang Dance from East Java. The amazing Indonesian Komodo dragon facts that people don’t know.
8. As an Entertainment Facility
The art of dance has a high aesthetic value. These characteristics make him a favorite of many people who hunt down the inner experience through dance.
That is why the art of dance can also we categorize as a means of entertainment.Almost every region in the archipelago has a performance dance. Entertainment dances are often performed in unofficial events such as folk parties. Here they are Hobbit cave in Indonesia history, place, and unique facts.
9. Full Dance With Movement
Movement is the main element found in the art of dance. Movement of dance art must contain an aesthetic value that is able to pour emotion and expression of the human soul.The usual limbs in the dance are the upper, middle, and lower limbs.
The upper limbs usually consist of the head, eyes, and facial features, while the middle limbs cover the upper arm, finger joints, and palms. Meanwhile, the bottom covers the legs. The interesting facts about Javanese culture that you should know.
10. Dance Accompanied By Beautiful Music
The facts about Indonesia dance other are dance can be accompanied by music coming from instruments or can also come from the sounds that arise from the limbs.The accompaniment of music coming from dancers can be found in Kecak Dance, as well as Saman Dance. Interesting facts about culture and art in West Sumatra.
In addition to the above here are some facts about Indonesia dance, such as:
- Clothes play a role that is not less important than the movement and musical accompaniment. The dance costume usually reflects the culture and the area of origin of the dance.Therefore, the dance costume should be able to show the aesthetic value to support the dance that will be displayed.
- Traditional Indonesian dance often referred to as the art of dance archipelago, can be a dance that is often staged in the general public, or a palace dance that is limited to certain circles. Incredible and amazing facts about rice in Indonesia.
- This type of dance is usually inspired by a traditional dance which is then combined with new movements or other types of dance.Rapai dance is an example of a new creations dance. The dance is a blend of Seudati Dance that developed in Aceh, with the popular Zapin Dance in the Malay Peninsula.
- The facts about Indonesia dance other are contemporary dance can be said as a kind of dance today that was born as a reaction to the art of classical dance that has reached the end point of its development. Fantastic and interesting facts about Raja Ampat Indonesia.
- Indonesia is very rich in national culture. Now the art of dance is also one of the Indonesian cultures and symbolizes certain cities in the country.
- Examples and several meanings of dance such as Saman Dance Meuseukat A dance art with poetry that teaches virtue and religion of Islam. The dancers sit in a lined position and dance with dynamic rhythms.
- There are many more types of Indonesian dances that have meaning and meaning. Indonesian dance is not only preferred in our society but has grown in international dance.
Thus some facts about Indonesia dance are interesting and worth to be maintained and preserved. Might be useful.